Selling in a Hot Market is quick and easy. Right? Well...
When done right, the complexities of selling real estate can look simple from the outside but really aren't.
- Homes sold by owners sell on average for 17% less than a home listed with a Realtor® (Source: The Close December 23,2021).
- In 2021 approximately 24% of homes in Nova Scotia were purchased by out of province buyers making it essential to have a robust marketing strategy to reach those buyers.
- If professional video isn’t part of the marketing strategy for your home, you’re leaving money on the table.
- Getting top dollar for your home requires a sound plan and a host of skills that are constantly honed through years of experience bringing deals together.
At MRG we set you up for success by covering the expenses of the following professionals:
Top concerns and believes some sellers have:
- Stager consultation.
- Professionally taken and edited photography.
- Matterport digital video (a self-guided 3-D virtual tour) including pdf floor plans.
- Drone video where appropriate.
- Virtual staging when required.
- Cleaning the interior of your house after you move out.
1. Agents charge too much.
2. Anyone can sell a home in this market.
3. There is little to no real difference between agents.
4. Will the agent listen and truly understand their needs?
5. Will the agent know the benefits of their home and the area to get them top dollar?
6. Will the agent truly place the Seller’s best interests above their own and do what they promised?
Depending upon your level of experience there are likely a great many other questions but most come back to ‘trust’ and ‘perceived value’.
Response to Seller concerns and believes:
When done right, the complexities of selling real estate can look simple from the outside but really aren’t! Individual Seller’s needs combined with product, area and market knowledge are all key factors in the sale of your home. MRG’s focus is to educate our clients on industry and market best practices so they are well prepared to make sound, informed decisions.
Robust marketing plans are critical in every market type to ensure it attracts as many buyers as possible to your home. Cutting back on marketing, even in a hot market, likely means not as many buyers are attracted to the property which likely translates into a lower selling price.
Trust in your agent is a critical factor that’s why we provide testimonials from former clients and are transparent in all our tractions. Clear communication between Sellers and their agent is usually the root of any problems that occur. Most often, this is because the deliverables and expectations were not thoroughly discussed and aligned at the outset.
Let’s be clear, not all agents are equal nor should they be charging the same fee and each should be able to demonstrate why they have a particular fee! This is why making your decision primarily based on commission is dangerous and you are probably doing yourself a disservice.
When interviewing perspective agents, it is important to take time to prepare your questions well in advance. Quite often sellers only ask 2 or 3 questions and hinge their decision on the commission fee. Generally, this is because they don’t know the other critical questions to ask.
Contact us and we’ll be happy to provide you with a list of key questions to ask when interviewing agents, you are considering to list your home.